DOG CONTROL OFFICER
To license your dog
If you want to license your dog, you will need the following:
- Proof of rabies vaccination
- Certification from a licensed veterinarian if the dog is spayed/neutered.
- If dog has a tatoo or microchip information may also be added
Licensing may be done at the Boston Town Hall, Town Clerk’s office.
Under New York State law, the owner of any dog reaching the age of 4 months shall immediately make application for a dog license.
The annual fees for licensing a dog are:
- $5 for a spayed or neutered dog
- $13 for unspayed or un-neutered
- You may license your dog for up to 3 years.
- Ask the Town’s Clerk’s Office about the details.
Some important links
For more information, 716-961-6800
If your dog is missing, or you found a lost dog, please contact the Dog Control Officer.